Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Seeing double!


Just had to share this crazy picture!

On a recent day trip to Carmel beach, we came across this little dog called Bella. Both us, and her owners could not have been more surprised by the similarity of Bella, and our Cookie. Cookie had just had a trim, but they were the same size, color, eye color - just amazing!

Our Cookie was found as a stray in San Jose, with a broken leg, and terribly thin - we then found her at the Santa Cruz ASPCA, where she had been sent for rehoming. We got talking, and were amazed to learn that Bella had been found, not just in San Jose, but the same street as Cookie - so they HAVE to be related. Either Cookie is Bella's Mom, or a sibling from another litter.

Cookie is the most friendly and sweet dog, but strangely when her and Bella met - they completely ignored each other! like they couldn't even see each other - it was the oddest thing.

7 comments:

  1. that's brilliant! What characters- they both look royally peed off at the impromptu photo opp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have both obviously overcome their dubious beginnings. What a fateful encounter. I assume you exchanged contact info with these people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had! But I didn't - silly really. I was so blown away by how similar they look, I forgot to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! One of my Foster Collies goes to lunch regularly with a Carmel dog group at Dorris Day's dog friendly Inn. I can circulate this photo and see what happens, if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ER: Well, I guess theres no harm in trying, although I think, like us - the couple with Bella were 'day tripping' to Carmel from San Jose!

    Jane: Sorry! should have pointed that out in the first place :) Cookie is the trimmed up pup on the right! Bella on the left is the younger dog, although all ages are guessed of course, being rescue pups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd have guessed the other way round. Something to do with the pink harness on Bella. I remember Ruby and Dolly were always uniquely 'attired'!

    ReplyDelete