Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Complete remodel

I gave mention last time of the remodel that Dumpling and I have been undertaking. 


Out of the blue I was given a very large dolls house (it's 3ft wide). I think it was once a beloved plaything - looking like it was built probably in the 70's or earlier, but in recent years had become a little run down and sad. I believe it passed through a couple hands before arriving on my doorstep. I don't like to see things that were once grand fall into dis-repair, so felt the burden of responsibility to return it to it's former glory, or at least a new found glory.






Here are some 'before' pictures. As you can see, some of the windows are in the wrong place and it needs some work!






This is when it's useful having an employee like Dumpling. He's a much better size than me to get inside those rooms and start pulling things apart. I set him to work at once, and before I knew it, the floors were stripped and windows were out ready for re-painting.


Next time I'll show you the finished house!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's so cute...good luck on the renovation! What a fun project!!

    ReplyDelete