Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dolly and the banana slug




Well, Dolly seems to be the one having all the adventures at the moment! At the weekend we took a drive up to Mill Valley, over the Golden Gate- shrouded with fog, and barely visible to the hundreds of summer tourists walking across it trying to take photos.

We had brunch in Mill Valley, at a favourite place called 'Toast' and it was whilst walking around the town that Dolly had the good fortune of spotting the most 'bananery' banana slug I have ever seen!
It was large - thats the first thing. You can tell that by looking at it's size next to Dolly. But it was so speckled with brown, like a banana almost too ripe to eat and better used for banana bread.

I've seen many of these slugs, but all of them have been very yellow, not so spotty. Perhaps as they mature they gain the brown? just like their fruity namesakes? I don't know, but luckily I had the camera handy to take a snap!
I have, at last, finished mending the magic bag! I'll have to post a picture, as it is looking quite restored and fine. Restoration of magic things is always more complicated than ordinary items, as you are never sure how the magic will respond to alteration, but it seems genuinely happy for the attention, and I guess I'll see if my adventures are adversely affected over the coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanna, I am well, thank you. Love the slug - it is fantastic as is Dolly.
    Best wishes
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete