Thursday, October 13, 2011

The test results are in!


Our beloved Cookie Baxter has always been a bit of a mystery, when it comes to knowing what breed she is. Every time we leave the house, someone asks me - and I usually answer with, "well, my best guess would be..." And the answer usually involves something about poodles and terriers, and reasons why she wasn't a chihuahua etc.

Well - I finally went head and got her DNA checked. I got tests for both Cookie and Heidi (results not back yet) and was really quite surprised to find out that she is, in fact, at least 50% chihuahua, with some tibetan spaniel and canaan dog thrown in! So the chihuahua part does explain the size (a healthy 5 lbs) and maybe the tibetan bit explains her fantastic nature and character, and the fact that she doesn't act like a chihuahua at all.

So, last night when I went to the dog park and was asked the usual questions, I actually had an answer! It will take some getting used to though, actually knowing what she is.

I'll post Heidi's results, when they are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment