Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fabric in glass







A fleeting visit to my blog, as the magic bag lets me up for air - but just for a moment!! I'm still contemplating this weeks IF callenge: Worn, wondering if I'll have a chance for a quick sketch before friday? perhaps it should be a self portrait (joke)

In the meantime, here is a panel I did a while back. The brief was to copy a piece of fabric that the client particularly liked. This was an odd one for me, so I decided to try and make it more interesting by adding irridised glass and by fusing certain areas so that all shapes were not just dictated by lead line. The brief was also only to use clear glass, but again - I sneaked in some very subtle color in the end. The results were quite pleasing! I've shown a picture through the glass, and one reflective picture - so you can see the irridised glass.

1 comment: