Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A different direction




I was recently asked if I could paint a mural. It's not something I usually do - either painted commissions or large scale murals. But I took the job, and really rather enjoyed it.

The subject matter was also alien to me - cars and a gas station. Don't think I've ever drawn a car before, so I knew it was going to be a challenge.

The owner of the mural used to own and work for 'Signal' back in the day, and he wanted an old fashioned gas station, with a 1948 Chevy, and a 1932 Ford. He owns the Chevy, and his son owns the Ford.

Here are the results! I delivered it last weekend, and it will hang in a large barn, with all sorts of other motor memorabilia. It is 8ft x 4ft.

1 comment:

  1. This is a real favourite of mine and yet another display of your seemingly limitless artistic talent...

    ReplyDelete