Thursday, December 2, 2010

At the bottom of the garden





The Magic Bag has been groaning and wriggling - which usually means it's up to something. So imagine my surprise when I went outside to discover a little cottage had landed in my yard!

Well, that's how I like to remember it, anyway. It could also be remembered as the culmination of an awful lot of hard work, and possibly the cause, or aggravation, to six months of permanent sciatica, but I prefer the Magic bag version.

Since my husband works from home a great deal (when not traveling) and since the arrival of Baby, we've needed somewhere quiet and private as a working space. So this is the result - popped in a bottom corner of the yard that had been yet to find a purpose.

We had a company erect it, but I pretty much did the rest - from insulation to drywall and painting. Lovely husband did the electrics and laid the laminate flooring, and we each have an end: mine with a drawing board, and his with a desk and computer (and the guitar!)

The photos explain themselves, and I thought it would be helpful to see the area before the cottage landed. I didn't find any ruby slippers, and the only evil witch is me - bent double and grimacing with back pain!

4 comments:

  1. Love the cottage/office. Great to have windows all around. Well worth all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please may I borrow the Magic Bag, Joanna, and a couple of little helpers?!!
    Very nice!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!
    What a terrific little office/retreat. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie: Ah! now theres an idea - rent out the Magic Bag!

    Does your new pad need work then?

    ReplyDelete