Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Technical difficulties.


Well, I blog about the successful art - I should blog about the troubles too, right?

I would have liked to have the resin hearts I've been working on all finished by now, and posted with pretty pictures etc. But be honest, I've been having a major learning curve! I've had many problems with failed painting, and failed primers, and have still not figured it all out. Today I went to purchase yet another primer and sealer - and really hope this is the one that will work, but can't paint on it for twenty four hours, so will have to wait and see.

I think one of my major frustrations with this learning curve is that I really don't have time for it. Once upon a time (before baby) I could mess about until I got it right, and it didn't really matter. But now - with such limited working opportunity - I need things to go right straight away, or problem solving can leak into weeks of lost time. I am trying to be patient about it all, given that I have been learning a completely new skill, but it's really hard! Especially when at each stage there is an associated cost involved, which all means it's not making money yet.

Watch this space though. In spite of my frustrations, I find with each step I can still find a little hope that 'this time' it might work, and that drives me forward each day.

Todays picture has nothing to do with work, and everything to do with continuing along a chosen path. Baby, Heidi and my dear Cookie, taking a springtime walk at a local tree farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment