Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And there in the wood











A piggy-wig stood! I am currently doing a 14 x 14 inch acrylic painting of 'The owl and the pussycat" which is rather detailed, and so taking a longish time. The main image is in a circle (inside the square) and I am using the corners to depict particular parts for the verse. It should be finished within a few days, but in the meantime I thought I'd post the sketches I did for the corner portions. They are supposed to have a sort of 2D ink drawing feel to them, and will be painted only in shades of blue.

This is kind of a portfolio piece for me. I'm trying to amass painted and drawing work, as still so much of my previous work is in stained glass. One illustration book suggested illustrating classic stories or fairy-tales, to show how you would interpret them, and I thought that seemed a good idea. I particularly like the imagery associated with 'The owl and the pussycat', so thought that might be an excellent place to start. Also, I would possibly hope to have prints and/or giclees on canvas made if it is successful, and open an Etsy shop when i have enough stock! So watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment