Monday, April 27, 2009

Tough times need creative solutions!




My parents are visiting from the UK at the moment, so we went to spend a lovely weekend in Santa Barbara. The weather was warm and the little cottage we stayed in was very cute, and a good time was had by all. On Saturday we visited a wonderful plant nursery in Los Olivos, which specializes in succulents (my favourite plants) and I found a little stone cottage.

Times have been tough, and everyone is feeling the squeeze of the recession. I've even noticed in our local (wealthy) town of los Gatos that people have started renting out spare rooms and back yard cottages, so I have decided to do the same. I will place the stone cottage in my back yard and see if anyone wants to rent it out. I already have many (many!) birdhouses available for lease in the front yard, so am hoping that word will get around.

I will have to post some pictures of the birdhouses, and I will, of course, let you know what happens with the cottage. It looks 'thatched' and very old english. I would be happy to move there myself, only it would be a little small, i think.

Talking of small: whilst we were in Santa Babs (my affectionate name for it) we visited a miniture pony ranch, as there were many new born foals. Some of them were just 21" high! very sweet. I'll post a picture, also - the cottage is currently on my deck in this picture, but will be moved to a new and private yard location soon. Let me know if you know anyone that might want to rent it!

1 comment: