Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A perfect afternoon


I took this picture last thursday afternoon, as it was one of those perfect moments that needed to be remembered and recorded. It had been a busy week, blowing glass rabbits every day for Easter, but by thursday afternoon, the furnace wasn't working as well as it should have been. So I found myself back at my home studio at around 4pm, and decided to do some painting on a little picture I started (what feels like) weeks ago, but have not had the time to work on.

So - the 'perfect' part of it comes in, as my work is on the drawing board, I have a cup of cardamon tea and a 'Whole foods' chocolate cookie. Vaugh Williams 'Lark ascending' on the Ipod, good light through the window, not too hot, not too cold, and, perhaps most importantly- the time to focus on the right here and now. So it was a little nirvana moment that had to be acknowledged. (contented sigh!)


Oh - and the picture is now finished, so I will post that tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I'm sure you'll be inspired....once again!

    ReplyDelete