Friday, March 20, 2009

For Sooty and Laurie




Hello Sooty and Laurie, and hello to Ruthie and Gunnlaug! So glad you could join the adventure! Do let me know if there is anything you would like me to put in the magic bag for you - we want to make sure we have everything we need for the journey!


Well, I promised I would upload a picture of Teddy (The Teddy Princess - as known to his royal subjects) and this is for Laurie and Sooty, as Sooty is of the same variety as Teddy.


Teddy arrived as a catatonically terrified skinny matted mess, in a 'hold all' bag. Our good friend Gam had found him roaming the streets of San Jose. Once it was clear the little dog had no home or owner, we fixed him up, and - having served quarantine living with me, he is now living happily with my parents in Lyme Regis, Dorset, Uk. So he really has travelled a long way, but is now doing very well! The bottom picture is Teddy with little Pixie (bottom step, left) Dolly (right) and Nangi is the redish colored dog who belongs to our friend Gam. Whilst Teddy lived with us, these dogs were all his good friends, and helped him to recover from what, for him, had clearly been a very scary time of his life.
No Cookie in these pictures as we didn't have her yet!

3 comments:

  1. Sooty is very impressed to see Teddy and the others - what lovely pictures. It's nice to think how Teddy's life has been turned around.
    Laurie and Sooty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for rescuing me and telling my story.All week I have been sitting on the decking in the sun overlooking Lyme Bay. The Sun has got his hat on,hip,hip,hooray!!
    I am looking forward to joining Laurie and Sooty as well on the Adventure and don't forget to put my little red coat in the Magic Bag.It's colder here in England and I miss the warmth of Sunny California.
    Give Pixie a big lick from me for old times' sake.
    Teddy Princess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for rescuing me and for telling my story.This week I have been sitting on the decking in the sun overlooking Lyme Bay.'The Sun has got its hat on,hip,hip,hooray!!'
    I am looking forward to joining Laurie and Sooty as well on the Adventure and don't forget to put my little red coat in the Magic Bag!
    It's colder here in England and I miss the warmth of Sunny California.
    Give Pixie a big lick for old times' sake.
    Teddy Princess xxx

    ReplyDelete